How to handle Exploitation on User Organizations by ERP Implementers- Failures in ERP IMPLEMENTATION.
Most of user organizations face unprecedented issues on costs and time delays in ERP Implementation, brought on to them by the ERP implementation consultants and organizations.
Most of the top ranking software and consulting organizations also create lack of professional approach and transparency in their implementation approach.
Glimpse of problems faced by ERP USER ORGANIZATION, leading to Failure in ERP Implementation.
1. Involvement of untrained ERP Consultants in the implementation team.
2. Lack of functional knowledge in ERP consultants.
3. Induction of lots of trainees in the Implementation Team.
4. Exorbitant cost on ERP Consultants.
5. Lack of transparency in Project progress.
6. Lack of transparency in sharing technology issues.
7. No seriousness towards time lines.
8. Data migration issues due to lack of consulting issues.
9. Abrupt relocation of ERP Consultants.
10. Improper and incomplete system handing over.
11. Incomplete knowledge transfer to core users and power users.
How to handle such issues?
1. Engaging a third party consulting firm for overseeing implantation.
2. Strong contractual agreements.
3. Linking commercials to project progress.
4. Payment approvals for consulting organizations stage wise after, stage wise progress.
5. Good pre implementation strategy and planning